FI Black 3D

FAQ  •  Search
Русская версия

Influences View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Odal03

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello to everyone. I suppose that this is first topic on English part of forum. I started to playing Outcry and I am really impress with overall atmosphere and artistic approach, so I was wondering what was influences (books, movies, games or something else) on authors behind Outcry. I hope that some of them are around these forums....
негений

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you are english-speaking person, I can honestly say that there were no influences at all, because it's just a masterpiece. It's impossible to understand at all. I can't find any information about the word "sublustrum" (original Russian name of this game), and I can continue...
Total misunderstanding. You play and feel really stupid, maybe a fool... I AM sorry for that... This game is too extraordinary for us,usual people.

Hope you'll answer.

P.S. Is my english OK? :oops:
DeathTracer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The archeologist!!!
The author from this theme аor a long time doesn't come back.

Я понимаю, что оставлять тему пустой не хочется, но сюда никто не заходит! Так что это бессмысленно! ;-)
Giovenazzi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Merely as a player I can say Andrei Tarkovsky movies were a major influence to Sublustrum. The philosophical and religious sculpting on a sci-fi background, the beautiful psychological and poetic passages, the absence of circumstantial logic in writing. Even the graphics reminds me of the cinematography and textures from his movie Stalker.

This is a fragment of a Tarkovsky interview about his movie Solyaris:

"What is this film about? It is about a Man. No, not the particular man whose voice we hear from behind the screen, played by Innokentiy Smoktunovsky.' It's a film about you, your father, your grandfather, about someone who will live after you and who is still "you". About a Man who lives on the earth, is a part of the earth and the earth is a part of him, about the fact that a man is answerable for his life both to the past and to the future. You have to watch this film simply, and listen to the music of Bach and the poems of Arseniy Tarkovsky; watch it as one watches the stars, or the sea, as one admires a landscape. There is no mathematical logic here, for it cannot explain what man is or what is the meaning of his life."

Gaming were always cool, fun, and even scary. But in all my years I’ve never seen a game that could achieve such a syncope art form. Phantomery made a game that exploded the gender, exhuming its limits and commercial boundaries. Humanity at its best.

ps. Sorry about my English, I’m Brazilian and have little knowledge of your language.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic